Friday, July 22, 2005

holy profanity

I had a thought the other night that if we hold that some words should never be said such as damn shit hell ass etc. Are we not holding them as separate and somewhat more "Holy" than Christs name. I believe that it is or was Jewish tradition to never speak the word God or even write it. For instance G*d. I see the correlation in profane words sh**,we try to separate them or make them holy. By just uttering ridiculous phrases made up by people who would never say what they really want to because God forbid that word could send them to hell give me a break!!! by just the mere mention of friggin or crap rearend gosh darn or a host of other veiled words that we dare not mention for fear of becoming a sinner in the eyes of those without sin I say if it looks like smells like sounds like tastes like then it must be shit. I believe God could care less about words that we say it is only His word that amounts to anything and His word will be the only word that can CHANGE a persons eternal destiny no matter how it is said. Paul wore several different identifying hats when dealing with those he was speaking Gods word to and I am sure he used some very colorful and profane words to get the attention of some I am not claiming that this is for everyone but don't condemn others for using "cuss" words until the plank is removed from our own eye to speak clearly what needs to be said.
words are words and Gods Word is Gods Word

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ogden said...

At my "Ifs of Og" blogspot I used the word "pissed" in a bit about the church, just as a little test. You should have heard the negative feedback from a couple of folks who didn't stop to realize it is a biblical word, at least in the KJV.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home